Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Herndon, VA USA
Sysorex develops the systems and solutions that power the data-driven enterprise. With an innovative approach to big data, analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT), we blend virtual data from software and networks with the huge volume of physical data generated by mobile devices and Internet-connected things to open new worlds of insight. Our unique solutions are helping organizations worldwide improve decision making, increase productivity, and fuel the discoveries of tomorrow. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, we have regional offices in North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East. To learn more, visit www.sysorex.com, follow us @SysorexGlobal and Link up on LinkedIn.
- Reports to Director, Programs
- Department: Engineering
- Division: Professional Services
- Req’d Experience: 5+ years of network experience
- Req’d Education: 4 year degree in related discipline or relevant experience
- Req’d Travel: Up to 50%
- Manage Others: No
- Employee Type: FT, Exempt
- Clearance: Secret Eligbility
- Base Pay: Competitive
- Other Pay: 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, LTC
Sysorex collaborates with Federal clients to effectively select, acquire, implement and support IT solutions that sustain and support their organizational missions, at the best value. We place the satisfaction of our customers as our highest priority; this is reflected in our enthusiasm for introducing innovative technologies and industry best practice methods to solve their problems. The Solutions Architect provides solution designs, integration expertise and guidance for various stakeholders’ information processing needs focusing on key initiatives that will not only solve today’s issues but is in alignment with their future architectural vision. They provide both pre and post-sales support to the customer as well as provide guidance and technical assistance to the delivery team to ensure a successful installation.
- Performs expert-level systems development and design work
- Performs systems modeling, simulation and analysis
- Performs monitoring and maintenance for customer systems including OS updates and patches
- Performs delivery and installation tasks as needed
- Review technical team deliverables for compliance with architecture standards and guidelines
- Acts as subject matter expert for multiple tasks and/or programs
- Pre and Post-sales support
- Provides subject matter support for internal sales staff
- Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings/calls to ensure client needs are met
- Serves as a technical team or task lead
- Provides guidance, training and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineering team and may have supervisory responsibility
- Research emerging technologies and how they apply to current customer base
- Communicate and strategize with technical staff of key vendor partners
- Assist with the preparation of proposal responses, along with leading the technical presentation for opportunities
- Assist with configuration and pricing for larger, complex solutions
- Participate in weekly Services/Solutions and Capture/B&P internal calls. Internal Lab management including Dell FX2
- Participates in special projects as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands on experience with VMware Horizon View
- Pre-sales and post sales experience
- Must have 3+ years of VMware experience which includes managing VMware 4.x and 5.x ESX, ESXi, vCenter, View and vShield environments.
- Must have 6 years of demonstrated experience using VMware View Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Must have 5+ years of network infrastructure knowledge
- Must have 5+ years of demonstrated experience working with Storage Area Networks including the ability to install, configure and support SANS and associated technologies
- Must have the ability to configure CISCO Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices
- Experience managing and configuring educational content delivery platforms such as Learning Management Systems a plus
- Experience working with software and hardware-based firewall applications to include vShield, VMware Zones and Blue Coat or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft technologies to include Active Directory, installing, configuring and troubleshooting MS Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and SQL Server.
- Ability to work under pressure • Ability to set goals and work independently
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication and documentation skills
- Must clearly communicate technical issues and resolutions to the team, customer and management
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Proficient in the English Language
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current VMware VCP, VSP, VSTP
- Current HPE and/or Dell Server and Storage certifications
- Additional preferred certifications are: CCNA, MCSE or MCITP
Must have a valid DMV driver’s license
Sysorex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Sysorex to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Sysorex managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience. Sysorex utilizes E-Verify.
We offer a competitive base salary, stock options, bonus plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and opportunity for growth.
Position may also be listed as an Integrio career – Integrio is now a Sysorex Company.
If interested in a position with Sysorex, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posted on LinkedIn.