Job Title: PreSales Systems Engineer – East
Location: Herndon, VA
Sysorex develops the systems and solutions that power the data-driven enterprise. With an innovative approach to big data, analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT), we blend virtual data from software and networks with the huge volume of physical data generated by mobile devices and Internet-connected things to open new worlds of insight. Our unique solutions are helping organizations worldwide improve decision making, increase productivity, and fuel the discoveries of tomorrow. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, we have regional offices in North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East. To learn more, visit www.sysorex.com, follow us @SysorexGlobal and Link up on LinkedIn.
Sysorex PreSales Systems Engineers operate in the field directly with prospects, customers, and partners alike, managing the presales activities while supporting the field sales team at the account level through successful deployments. The candidate will be the main product advisor on Sysorex AirPatrol product lines in the field. This individual will be instrumental in leading the product and services value proposition that Sysorex brings to their customers. The PreSales Systems Engineer will be required to take a lead in positioning the solution ROI, technical requirements, architecture, and features needed within the account. The candidate must also be proficient in the ability to maintain strong relationships with accounts, both in a pre- and post-sales capacity, resulting in strong future revenue generating accounts.
The candidate will be based on the East Coast, with national responsibilities for PreSales.
- Lead presales activities for AirPatrol solution
- Work closely with sales team to drive opportunities within existing accounts
- Strategize with sales team to effectively prospect for new opportunities
- Responsible for onsite and remote delivery of product solution presentations
- Effectively interact with internal engineering teams to scope out and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities
- Ability to respond to relevant RFIs/RFPs
- Work directly with Product Management team as a liaison for accounts around technical product requirements
- Design, architect and scope a production solution
- Provide onsite product installations and custom product configurations
- Deliver onsite administrative and end user training
- Work with accounts on setting deployment methodologies using AirPatrol products
- Territory covers the Continental US
- Travel throughout assigned sales territory approx. 50%
- Bachelor of Science Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years PreSales/Systems Engineer experience servicing Enterprise level customer bases.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux based Operating Systems, DNS, MySQL, MariaDB, and Apache/Tomcat required.
- Experience in computer software or systems including, www, email, ftp, networking, Internet application platform technology, database and analytical related technologies.
- Experience working with integration solutions, and software API’s.
- In-depth knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, and deployment challenges.
- Solid understanding of wired networks including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, and VLAN’s.
- Prior experience with MDM/MAM/EMM products and services a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of RF propagation principles and cellular/antenna theory a plus.
- Quick learner with desire to understand new tools and techniques.
- Strong verbal/written communication, customer service, and account management skills to interface with a diverse set of clients, over the phone and in person.
- Able to articulate both verbally and in writing proposed solutions to customers
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Positive Attitude, self-motivated, and confident
- 3-5 years of Professional Services consulting experience
- Prior experience successfully working with an outside Sales Team
- Prior experience successfully working with a Project Management Office
- Prior experience in obtaining and maintaining required manufacturer product certifications
- Good communication skills
- Well Organized
- Desire to learn and use the latest technology
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for innovation, exploring new territory
This is a full-time position located in Herndon, Virginia.
We offer a competitive base salary, stock options, bonus plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and opportunity for growth.
If interested in a position with Sysorex, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.